Tabačka KulturFabrik identity
Viktor Suszter – ttff235501/01/2010
Tabacka is member of the European Network of Independent Cultural Centres - TRANS EUROPE HALLES (TEH). The features of TEH’s emblem with its industrial background that is nourishing its members and their origin. This character had to appear in its design.
The historical background of the building : an old tobacco factory. The industrial character of the building still remain. I wished to illustrate the historical background of this building in Tabacka’s identity. To refer and bond to Slovak traditional (folk) motives was an aim as well as the use of traditional folk art colours.
The logo and design elements:
– a triangle base (module) – is an industrial character
– the three recurring (triangle) elements – are the graphical symbol of factories
– geometric and vertical recurring V motifs – frequent element of Slovak traditional folklore – embroidery, furthermore it represents the venation of plants and tobacco leaves)
– three chimneys – specific industrial symbol
– the raising circles from chimneys – represent the functioning of Tabacka
– the horizontal line – represents the mill-race that is beside the building and the river Hornad
Recurring components + chimneys + tobacco leaves + raising circles + a horizontal line + colours = TABACKA KulturFabrik identity.